I’ve been a full time Affiliate Marketer since 2015. I own several websites, two of which provide my full-time income. In this article, I’ll briefly go over your options for creating a website and the prices, then I’ll tell you exactly what I do for creating and hosting my websites, and how much it costs. I’ll also tell you how to get an absolutely free website, with free hosting, and free training to set it up and use it.
How Much Does it Cost to Make a Website?
The cost to create a website depends on which type of website you choose. There are basically three options:
1. Free Webbuilders. You can go for the free website builders like Wix and Squarespace, which cost between $0 to $12-$13 per month. These websites are suitable if you just want a personal website, of if you want to have a blog for the sole purpose of entertainment/hobby. You generally cannot sell products on one of these websites, and you’re getting bare minimum as far as quality, hosting, support, security, functionality and speed.
2. Build Your Own WordPress site. WordPress is free. But you pay for things like plugins, hosting and security, and professional help will cost $80-$180 per hour. WordPress is suitable for blogs, business sites, e-commerce sites and very large websites. But if you’re going to build a quality, high functioning, scaleable WordPress website yourself, you need to have a certain amount of expertise. Scratch that…you need a SIGNIFICANT amount of expertise. Hosting for your WordPress is the most important factor. Hosting for your WordPress website will generally cost anywhere from $2.95 – $150 per month, depending on which of the three types of hosting you choose:
- Shared WordPress Hosting – Between $2.95 – $7.99 per month
- WooCommerce Hosting – Betweeen $6.95 – $13.99 per month
- Managed WordPress Hosting – Between $19.95 – $150 per month
3. A Custom-made website. A high quality, high functioning, scalable, custom-made website will probably cost around $5,000, with fairly expensive monthly maintenance and hosting fees.
And the Winner Is…
Which method do I use? I build my own WordPress websites and I use Managed WordPress Hosting through a company called, Wealthy Affiliate.
If you’re building a website to start an online business and MAKE MONEY, creating a WordPress website and using managed WordPress hosting is a must. This is appropriate for online businesses, high-traffic blogs and websites used to sell products. Internet entrepreneurs invest in this option because they realize that managed WordPress hosting saves them manpower, time, and offers far better performance and security. Quality plans for managed WordPress hosting typically range anywhere from $25 to $150 per month, depending on the size of your website and its needs.
I joined Wealthy Affiliate using their Free Starter Membership back in 2015. Wealthy Affiliate is a company who teaches people how to make money online. They offer 10 free classes on creating your own website, plus 10 free classes on how to make money with it. You can read my full review of Wealthy Affiliate and see what’s included in their Free Starter Membership HERE.
You get one free website, plus free website hosting in your Free Starter Membership, plus step-by-step training to create and use your website. You can see (and do!) the free training classes HERE.
Wealthy Affiliate Offers Pre-Made WordPress Websites
At Wealthy Affiliate, the WordPress websites are already pre-made. They already contain all the necessary set up, functionality, plugins, features, security and speed you need to run a successful online business, blog or website. All you have to do is set up one of the pre-made websites as your own. Watch as Kyle, one of the owners of Wealthy Affiliate, teaches you, step-by-step how to do this, in this video called, Create a Website in Under 30 Seconds:
Wealthy Affiliate Provides Quality Managed WordPress Hosting
You get one free website with free hosting in the Free Starter Membership, and hosting for up to 10 websites with the Premium Membership. You can read my complete overview of Wealthy Affiliate hosting program HERE. A quick overview of its advantages are:
Optimized for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Speed (Faster page load time – Google favors this!)
Security done right
Complete website back up every 24 hours
One of the biggest benefits of hosting my websites with Wealthy Affiliate is that they offer FREE TECH SUPPORT 24/7! Any time I have any issues at all with my websites or just need help on accomplishing something, I email Support and receive an answer within minutes. For that reason alone, I’ll never host my websites elsewhere.
Wealthy Affiliate Pricing
Free Starter Membership Includes 1 Website plus hosting – $0
Premium Membership Includes up to 10 Websites plus hosting – $49/month
(they give you your first month for $19)
Twelve-Month Premium Membership $495
(this works out to about two months free or $41.25/month)
Read my complete overview of everything that’s included in the $495 Twelve-Month Premium Membership HERE.
The Premium Membership includes far more advanced training on building your website and making money with it. For my complete overview (includes my video) of Wealthy Affiliate’s Premium Membership, click HERE.
I Hope This Helped!
I joined Wealthy Affiliate’s Free Starter Membership in August of 2015. I built one website for free (www.PeopleLovingAnimals.com). I upgraded to their Premium Membership that November, continued the training and proceeded to become a full-time affiliate marketer. With their Affiliate Bootcamp Training (10 lessons included in free membership), I built the website you’re on right now. I pay my membership fee annually, so I get the absolute lowest price available online for this level of quality training, quality WordPress websites, and top-notch Managed WordPress Hosting.
What is the cost of a website? You have to realize, once you consider absolutely everything that’s important to the success of your website, that you get what you pay for. Free webbuilder platforms just aren’t appropriate if you want to have any sort of money-making, scalable blog or website. Paying someone to create a website for you is hugely expensive. Good quality hosting can cost up to $150 per month or more. With Wealthy Affiliate, you cover all the bases with the best quality WordPress website, the best quality Managed WordPress Hosting, and the best quality training on how to make money with your website or blog. You just can’t get better anywhere else. If you have questions, please feel free to comment below! Debra
For a detailed comparison of website options, features, and prices, visit WebsiteBuilderExpert.com/HowMuchDoesAWebsiteCost
For more details about Managed WordPress Hosting, visit
Top 9 Reasons to Choose Managed WordPress Hosting